About Manonandana Centre
- Manonandana is a multi disciplinary comprehensive rehabilitation centre for mentally challenged and multiple disabled children belonging to lower economic group.
- Manonandana Trust was established in the year 1996. It is a registered non-profit organization.
- The Founder is Dr.Kusuma Bhatta Ph.D., a Speech Pathologist – Audiologist having more than 40 years of experience in this field. She has studied and worked in India and Abroad (U.S.A, Singapore, Indonesia). Also she has many years of experience in training gross root level workers in comprehensive training for children with various disabilities in rural areas of Bengaluru district –covering 52 villages.
The centre is committed to provide comprehensive training for cognitively impaired children to develop various skills for better quality of life and to provide social and emotional support to the families of the afflicted children.
To Know About Disability and Accept Itself is a Great Help.
Our Place of work
Manonandana Centre is housed in Bengaluru City Corporation (Bruhat Bengaluru MahanagaraPalike) nursery school building in Tata Silk Farm, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru South since year 1997. This building is given to the centre on lease basis
We thank Smt. Padmavathi Gangadhara Gowda and Sri B.S. Satyanarayana ( both ex-Mayor of Bengaluru MahaNagaraPalike) for getting us the ground floor building and further by building the first floor for more space due to increase in number of children.
ABOUT FOUNDER & DIRECTOR
Dr. Kusuma Bhatta Ph. D
Dr. Kusuma Bhatta, a speech pathologist audiologist by profession is the founder and project director of Manonandana Centre.
She has 40 years of experience (including 22 years at Manonandana Centre) working with communication disorders in children and adults:- hearing impairment; specific speech – language disorders ; mental retardation, cerebral palsy, Autism; attention deficit – hyperactivity disorder (ADHD); stuttering and aphasia.
She has experience of working in both rural and urban areas, under UNICEF funded project she has trained gross root level field workers in rehabilitation methods to deal with various disorders in children and developed material in Kannada language.Read more
She has International, National and State awards to her credits for her services to the special children and in improving the quality of lives of the families.
She has focused on many innovative works for the development of various skills in special children. Development of low cost electronic equipments, Modification of traditional games, Bringing out audio music CD “Kaliyona banni” in Kannada language as an educational tool to develop language speech & cognitive skills in children based on her Ph.D thesis.
Professional – Technical Team
- Speech Pathologist – Audiologist
- Special Educators
- Physio and Occupation Therapist
- Bus Driver