Manonandana Centre organised an “Open House” programme on 5th & 6th March 2016 at Manonandana Premises. The main objective is to build awareness amongst the public regarding :
- Various disabilities in children, like mental retardation, cerebral palsy, Autism, causes rehabilitation procedures and preventive measures.
- Public participation in mainstreaming of special children.
- Release of souvenir and booklet – “Manonandana 20” to mark the 20 years of service to special children.
- ‘Sponsor a smile’ – launching of sponsorship programme for special children.
- Presentation of future plans about the activities of the centre.
- Display of posters and exhibition of teaching materials used in special educational methods.
- Display of specimen of human brain – (happened to be the main attraction of the programme) – Courtesy:- Brain Bank, NIMHANS – Bengaluru.
- Honouring the sponsorers – G T Nexus and 3DPLM Software Solution, J.P.Nagar – Bengaluru.
- Film & TV Actors – Srinath & Sihikahi Chandru, M.L.A. Sri Ravi Subramanya, Ex-mayor of BBMP Sri Katte Satya were the chief guests.
Exhibition was open on both the days. The public appreciated the exhibition of teaching materials very much.